Full stack developer
As a rapidly growing software business, Annotate & Opus 2 redefine how ideas, projects and document-centric workflows are managed by professional services firms around the world. Annotate is a market-leading collaboration platform that drives digital transformation efforts, we also provide software solutions and services specific to the legal industry under the Opus 2 brand.
We are seeking a versatile full-stack developer to join a small team focused on supporting and maintaining our existing codebase, whilst also playing a key role in the modernisation of our application stack and migration to a web services architecture.
You will be joining a team that that covers the whole development process from design through to testing, deployment and support.
Most of our development work is undertaken in Edinburgh, with a number of engineers working remotely from other countries. You will be based in a small, friendly office in central Edinburgh. Working hours are flexible and there are opportunities to work from home if desired. We follow a light-touch agile process with a focus on delivery.
- Proven Experience of 3+ years in a similar role;
- Solid PHP and Java skillset;
- Experience building scalable and performant systems based on-premise and cloud;
- Understanding of Data Stores, using ElasticSearch, MongoDB or Flat File;
- Sound understanding of TypeScript and familiarity with modern techniques for making the most of the language;
- Familiarity with techniques for building user interfaces in HTML and CSS using programmatic access to the document object model through the DOM API;
- Experience with Java 8, ElasticSearch, Spring Boot, Gradle, Webpack, Karma, Jira, Jenkins, Puppet, Terraform or AWS all beneficial, but not required;
- Experience with using Version Control Tools (git) in a multi-discipline team environment;
- Understanding of Testing tools and principles;
- Familiarity with Linux environments.
- Contributory Pension Plan;
- Employee Loyalty Share Scheme;
- Perkbox Platform;
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity;
- Employee Assistance Programme;
- Season Ticket Loan;
- Cycle to Work Scheme;
- Regular Company Social Events;
- Yearly Development Retreat.